Tuesday, August 17, 2010



Good Morning!!!  I am thrilled to be writing my very first book review!!!  (Please remember this is my personal opinion...I am not being paid in any way to write this.  This family blog is a place for enjoyment, to encourage the love of  reading and fabulous family entertainment...so please...simply love, good vibes and positive attitudes =)  

I am honored to introduce you to one of our newest family favorites:

This book takes you on a journey of what we ALL wonder about when there is a new baby coming - what will the baby look like?  Except, this clever story takes you on the adventure through the eyes of the animals both in the house and out!!  Follow along with each animals curiosity until we TRULY find out at the end what the baby looks like!!  A fun surprise at the end makes me and my children giggle each time we read it!

Physical Specs:

This board book is simply scrumptious!!!  The sizing at 5.5 x 5x5 square is PERFECT for little hands.  The 2 right hand corners are rounded so it's very comfortable to hold.  

Including the front and back covers there are 14 pages total (front and back) making this book just perfect and not too heavy, chunky or cumbersome for your littlest ones.  
The artwork is adorable!!!  Pictures are crisp and the images are easily identifiable for most early learners.  The colors are extremely vibrant and eye catching.  Color identification will be easy for your babies and toddlers as your read together and point out each gorgeous color.  

Story:

We all wonder...what will the new baby look like?  Whether or not you have a new baby coming into YOUR family or simply have friends that are about to have a new little one (as we have had most recently), this story is delightfully fun for young children.  My children are 4.5 and almost 6 respectively.  My son, who is my youngest, LOVES "reading" the book himself and making up the story as he goes along.  This book in all of it's wonderful simplicity makes his self reading and story telling easy!!  Both of my children love animals and my son will pour over the pages of this book telling me a different story for each animal (each time he reads it!)  Since he knows the story, as we've read it many times, he tells the story as the book does...from the perspective of the animals!!!  Each animal wonders if the baby will somehow look like them!  Whether it's from the dog's perspective and wondering if the baby will have orange hair to the bluebird's perspective wondering if the baby will have fancy blue wings and every animal in between!

My daughter who is fast approaching 6 has started with her early reading.  I have often wondered why I have kept all of my board books and sometimes pick up new ones!!  She is why!!!  This book is a fantastic early reader book for her.  It is basic enough for her to recognize words that she definitely knows, yet has words such as "wonder", "corner", "shaggy", "window",  and "gathered" that are challenges for her as she strives to learn and recognize larger words.  The font is clean and crisp, good sized and bright enough that it is easy for her to use her pointer finger and follow each letter or syllable as she sounds them out.  My daughter LOVES babies making this an instant favorite as she simply delights in the story itself!! 

The peek-a-boo surprise at the end makes both of my children giggle every single time they read it or have it read to them. 

Author and Publishing Company:

Author:  Eric Piazza

Publishing Company:



At Muddy Dog Publishing, our primary focus is on writing books that appeal to families, especially those with young children. Our goal is to write books that not only entertain, but also teach children. "I Wonder If The Baby Will Look Like Me?" accomplishes both of these by introducing characters that the child is familiar with, and then teaching colors and character traits of those animals.

Become a fan on Facebook!!!

Happy Reading!!!

Meredith

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! I will have to take a look!!! :)

    Kristyn
    www.goodgravycrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about Eric's book, and will definitely pick up a copy or two! It' makes me proud to have been his ENGLISH TEACHER :) xxoo Anita Young Adams

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love and good thoughts!!!