Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You never know what you're going to stumble upon at your local library.  I was so proud a few weeks ago to bring my daughter to our local library so that she could sign up for her library card!!  My son will be eligible next spring when he turns 5.  But my daughter was MORE than ready so off we went!  She signed her name and received her card complete with plastic sleeve and all.

We go to the library weekly, returning read books and replacing them with stacks of new ones!  A couple of weeks ago (I've since renewed this book and have put it on my daughter's birthday list) I found 'The Hair of Zoe Fleefenbacher Goes To School".  With my daughter headed to Kindergarten she's all about books about going to school.  But beyond that, this story, by author Laurie Halse Anderson, is sweet, tender and funny.  The artwork done by Ard Hoyt is spectacular. 

Physical Specs: 

The hardcover version of this book measures 9.75 x 11.75.  It has 16 bright and colorful pages (front and back).  Both of my children giggle and adore the pictures and all of the intricate details...especially of Zoe's hair!



Story:

Mom and Dad Fleefenbacher think their daughter Zoe's hair is wild and beautiful.  And for her Kindergarten teacher, Zoe's vivacious tresses were a comfort.  But Zoe's about to start first grade, and her new teacher doesn't fool around...

"School has rules," she says. 
"No wild hair in my class!"

So what are Zoe and her free-spirited hair going to do now?

Author and Publishing Company:

Author:  Laurie Halse Anderson 

Publishing Company:
simonsayskids.com


Happy Reading!!!

Meredith



1 comment:

  1. Your kids are growing up fast! Your daughter looks so much like you! Glad she loves reading! Olivia is into books too and loves to read 2-3 a night. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love and good thoughts!!!